Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up

We had a great weekend! There was NOTHING planned (I know! Hard to believe!) and we took advantage of lots of family time!

Friday, I decided to work from home rather than the office (I LOVE my job!). I checked a few emails and before I got started on my day, treated my boys to a little Waffle House breakfast. Stryker's new favorite things for breakfast include cheese eggs and waffles! We headed back home and Dan packed Stryker up for the waterpark so I could tackle my work. Unfortunately, they were back with in 20 minutes because of rain. Stryker wasn't happy but we cuddled for a little rainy afternoon nap and lots of movies.


Friday morning; letting Moe out


Friday night we headed over to the Bridges of Summerville community pool to help Owen celebrate his SEVENTH birthday! It's crazy for me to think it's been SEVEN years since that little guy was born! I remember the day so well! Stryker played in the pool with all the other kids for three hours, enjoyed some pizza and cupcakes and when it was time to leave, he was WHIPPED. Grandma was nice enough to watch him for a couple hours while Mommy & Daddy met some friends out.  I'm sure it didn't take our little man long to fall asleep after his night!


Since we had nothing planned for Saturday, Daddy pulled out the tools and went to work fixing my car and Stryker and I tackled the house cleaning and laundry. I'm so lucky to have this little helper who's favorite chore is vacuuming!



Later in the afternoon, Stryker and I made a trip out to drop some stuff at Goodwill and stop by Big Lots for some more organizing tools (I'm a freak!). Of course, upon entering the store he wanted to know what he got.... I think we may have created a monster :(  Thankfully, there was a big sale and the thing he wanted was pretty cheap. He picked out a kid's putter and chipper set complete with balls and tees. He was very excited to go home and show me his skills. We hit the backyard (aka putting green) while Daddy fired up the grill and made us a yummy dinner!


Showing off his putter

We spent the most relaxing evening on the patio enjoying our family time. We were pet sitting for the neighbors and Stryker & Moe played all evening. Stryker enjoyed throwing the ball for Moe over and over to retrieve. Finally, Moe was tired and Dan's lap looked like a better plan :)



Stryker went back to practicing his golf game. 



As it grew darker, we lit some citronella candles and enjoyed some music. Stryker got my Kindle Fire and Daddy read him stories at dusk. So cute!


Sunday we were all rested and ready to hit the beach with Christie & Shawn. We went out to Sullivan's Island and enjoyed a beautiful day in the sand and water. Stryker, Daddy & Mr Shawn played Bocci ball; Stryker made some new friends and played with them; We soaked up lots of sun! I did NOT, however, take any pictures. BOO! There will be plenty more trips to the beach, so I'll have to make up for it. After a few hours on the beach, we came home and took showers. I know he's gonna kill me for this one day, but I just couldn't help it! Look at that cuteness! I had just asked him if he was ready to get out and his response: "I'm not done Mom. I'll call you when I'm ready." How is he so grown?!?!


Later that evening we all cuddled on the couch for a little Big Brother 14. I love that my boys will watch that with me!

We had such a great relaxing, family weekend! They don't happen often because we're usually running around doing 150,000 things. Just a reminder to stop and hug your spouse and kiddos that much tighter.... They grow too fast!


Mommy & Stryker hands

No comments:

Post a Comment