Monday, September 10, 2012

It's My Birthday!

And while I may not be super excited about turning another year older (33?!?!?!!?), I do enjoy all the fun we get to share with our friends and family. And let me tell you... I have the greatest friends and family a girl could ask for!

Thursday night, Stryker & I made some delicious treats for my co-workers to share: Cake Batter Brownies! We made TWO batches because they smelled so yummy!


This recipe is SO easy! The brownies are SO yummy (albeit VERY rich!)! And the best part is your entire house smells delicious after they're done! Thank you Pinterest for another fabulous pin!

 
 
And speaking of Pinterest... We also did our Grandparent's Day gifts Thursday night! This picture was taken on our cruise and I LOVE it! It totally shows Stryker's personality and his adorableness! We painted his hand print for the opposite side of the frame and put the date on it. He had fun painting and was even able to make more special gifts of his own paintings for his grandparents.
 

                                   

After baking & crafting, a little boy can get tired! And this Momma sure doesn't mind a good snuggle to end a pretty perfect evening!


 Friday was my actual birthday and while I DID have to go to work, it was nice to be greeted with this at my desk:

 
Don't I wish Ashley :) It was also nice to receive my Annual Birthday Bouquet from my Mommy! We have a tradition of sending each other flowers on each other's birthdays. I look forward to this each year!

 
 
Friday evening, Dan took our little Man to spend the night with Nana, Poppa & Granny in Summerville. He then treated me out to a little birthday fun with 30 of our closest friends at our favorite Pub. Again, I can't tell you how lucky I am to have such an amazing group of friends! We all had a blast!
 
Saturday morning I was up bright and early for GAME DAY! Both teams were playing at noon & I also had lots to prepare for the dinner I was cooking for the family. After a quick trip to WalMart, I set up the Game Day Bloody Mary bar and our friends started to roll in! 

 
Choose Your Team Cup!
 
The Alexander's, The Cortes' & Pat were over all afternoon to watch the Gamecocks, Tigers and Volunteers play. Around 3:30, Nana, Poppa & Granny showed up with Stryker. He was super stoked there was a house full of people and asked if this was my birthday party.... :) SURE BUDDY! We enjoyed a great dinner all together! BBQ chicken, Steaks, Mac & Cheese, Potato Casserole, Salad and of course cake and ice cream for dessert! The Grant's joined us after dinner and the kids played for another couple of hours, wearing each other OUT!
 
Stryker just LOVES his 'Miss Kinley' and takes every opportunity to make her smile! AND he loves capturing this smile via my IPHONE.

 
Photography by Stryker
 
 After a long day/evening of football, everyone called it a night early and Stryker headed off to the bath. He must have some swimmer aspirations... this is his Michael Phelps pose!

 
 Silly boy! But after being all nice and clean, he curled up on the couch to watch a movie on Daddy's computer; complete with ear buds (his newest obsession!).

 
 
I ended BIRTHDAY WEEKEND snuggled on the couch and in the bed the majority of the day Sunday. My sinuses decided to wage war against me and won :( Overall though, it was a fabulous birthday again this year! I can't thank everyone enough for how much they love me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment