Saturday, December 1, 2012

Our First Family 5K

We got to participate in our very first Family 5K today! Dan & I are both runners and have run many 5Ks, but never together and NEVER with Stryker.




We ran the Reindeer Run in downtown Charleston. We were up very early and headed downtown to East Bay Street & the starting line. It was PACKED! There were lots of runners, costumed runners, dogs and kids. We met up with our friends and got situated. We borrowed a jogging stroller for Stryker and I was quite nervous about running with it. Luckily, Dan was the navigator for the first mile. At mile 2, it was my turn to take the reigns.... Jogging Strollers are NO joke! And not training/running with one (ever!) was not a good idea! I think I may have made it to mile 2.7 and begged Dan to take back over :) He did and boys took off to the finish line.




We had a blast! We hung around afterwards to play on the jump castle and people watch. Soon it was time to head back home. Funny, I figured Dan & I would be more worn out!




I can't wait to do more runs in the future with Dan! And I can't wait to teach Stryker the importance of exercise and one day run with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment