Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I certainly got spoiled this year for Mother’s Day! Dan let me have Saturday “off” to enjoy some ME time. I started the day by running the Mom’s 5K Run on Daniel Island. That’s the first time I had ever run on Daniel Island in a race and it was quite beautiful! The weather was just starting to warm up, so the run was pretty comfortable. After the race, I headed over to Sullivan’s Island to meet some girlfriends for a relaxing MOMMY ONLY day at the beach. Seeing as the 5K was at 8 am, I got there about 2 hours before they did. It was nice to lay out and enjoy the quietness of the beach, the birds and the morning. I am currently reading the Hunger Games and there’s nothing like reading on the beach!
 

My girlfriends showed up and we laid out, talked and laughed for a few hours before heading over to Taco Mamacita and enjoying an ice cold beverage. It was a nice getaway for the day! I headed home and Dan took care of Little Man while I continued to relax and then we all went to bed early.
Sunday, Dan surprised me with a new IPhone! I was totally against switching from my Droid, but once this little devil was in my hands, it was all downhill from there! I LOVE it! I called directly and got it switched over and we spent the day on and off playing with the new phone and Siri.
We attended church with my Mom & Granny and we Mothers were treated to a super yummy lunch at Granny’s house! All the men folk (Dan, Mark, Uncle Danny & Clay) fixed us a BBQ (curiosity of Hudson’s—YUM!!!) dinner with all the trimmings. It was quite delish! And we didn’t even have to clean up! It was very special to be able to spend the day with our family and Mothers & Grandmother!
Stryker is a Mommy’s Boy for real!!!
Three Generations (on the reverse IPhone camera feature)
I have been very blessed to have such an amazing Mother. I’m sure during my teen years I hardly ever expressed it and during the death of my Daddy my Mommy got the brunt of my anger. I can’t even imagine how to start repaying her now for her everlasting love and patience. She is my rock and there is no one in this world that could be a better friend to me. I hope I can continue to show my love and appreciation for all of her years of support and love in the hopes that one day she may realize just how much she means to me! I love you Mommy! Happy Mother’s Day! And thank you for my gift.... It's a constant reminder of your love for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment