Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Living Room Upgrades

We (well, mostly Dan!) have been preforming some home renovations as of late (well, as of 16 Jan actually). But it's FINALLY coming together!!!! We are so excited to have a "new" kitchen and living  room! Makes me wanna live in the Hearthstone a while longer :)

First the living room.

Here's what we started with: Popcorn ceilings, khaki-ish colored walls, white baseboards, GROSS cream carpet.




Dan got inspired on Sunday, July 22 at 9 pm to scrape the ceilings in the living room. He busted that out in just a few hours! I left him to work on his project and hit the hay.



When I got home from work on Monday afternoon, the ceilings had been patched and painting had started. Dan also installed new surround sound in the ceiling.




Monday night progress... Ceilings DONE!

Tuesday afternoon brought more improvement... Painted walls!!! We went with a grayish color so that it would flow nicely with the kitchen colors.



After all the painting was done, it was time to rip up the carpet. What a mess (so Dan said...Keep in mind I was lucky enough to be at work all day!)!



On Friday, July 27th, Dan went to the flooring store and picked up all the hardwood we would need to be installed throughout the living room and kitchen. He stayed home from Family Beach day on Saturday to rip out the foyer hardwoods and mount our TV to the wall.

On Monday, July 29th, Project Hardwood Installation began!! Dan and his friend Eric made my dreams come true! I've been wanting hardwood floors for a LONG time now and I finally have them! I can't thank them enough for all the hard work they have put in over two very long days. Dan decided to go with glue down versus floating floors, so needless to say, it was a little more time consuming.


The End of Day One!

They were able to lay from our bedroom door through most of the living room on Monday. That evening, Dan & I spend close to 6 hours cleaning the floors from all the glue. Lesson learned! The next day, Dan & Eric finished the flooring project! And MUCH cleaner! It only took me a couple hours of cleaning on Tuesday! Excuse the poor quality of pics; I don't know why I didn't turn the light on over the table!


Hardwards in the kitchen


Hardwoods in the living room


Lastly in the living room, we'll have a new piece of granite laid for the hearth next week and we have to put up the baseboards and do some touch up painting. Of course I'll need new rugs and decor as well as a deep furniture clean. I'm so excited to live in our newly renovated space! I actually ENJOYED sweeping all the floors last night!!

Stay tuned for a kitchen update....

No comments:

Post a Comment