Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day 4: Freeport, Bahamas

Day 4: Sunday. We awoke to another beautiful Bahamian day! I had never been to Freeport before, so I was curious as to what we would find when we got off the ship. We couldn't really see anything from our balcony except what look to be a shipping port of sorts. I was ready to head off the boat. Daddy had a rough night the evening before, so Grandma, Stryker & I showered and dressed and headed down for the breakfast buffet. We got our tummies full then made the track downstairs to unload. I was thankful for another port day where we pulled right up to the pier versus taking tenders. Freeport was nothing but a little shopping from what I could tell. It was hot and Grandma found a nice shady bench while Stryker and I wondered around doing some shopping.


 





 
This little thing was creepy... part lizard, part curvy tailed creature





  
After loading up on trinkets and seeing all that there was to see, we headed back to the boat to get Daddy. Luckily, he was already up & almost ready to head out the door. We decided we were going to take a taxi out to one of the beaches. Grandma stayed on board and the three of us unloaded once again to find a ride. We had to wait for about 20 mins for enough people to take a taxi out to Junkanoo Beach Resort at Taino Beach. It was another 20 minute ride from the pier out there. We arrived and rented a couple chairs and an umbrella and a nice gentleman got us all set up. Other than it being a little crowded on the beach, it was quite nice. We had some tropical drinks, a local beer and a Daddy even got a burger for lunch. We played in the ocean and sand until we were all tired out and it was time to catch a taxi back to the ship.  





 
Where's Dan-O?








Once back on board, Dan & Stryker took naps while I retreated to the sun deck with my book and a drink of the day. It was nice to sit in the shade and relax alone. So much so, I dozed off for awhile and didn't even realize we had left Freeport! I headed back up to the suite and it was time to get everyone bathed and dressed for dinner.

 
 We headed down early to let Stryker play in the arcade for a little bit; we walked around the shops; we sat in one of the lounges mid ship and listened to a band play. It was nice to relax before dinner now that everyone was refreshed. 


 
 
 After dinner, we headed out on deck for the Deck Party. Stryker had a blast! He found some kids to run around and play with and we did some line dancing. I never dreamed I'd be teaching my 3 year old how to electric slide on a cruise ship :) Stryker also practiced his photography skills with the IPhone (that's the reason for poor quality!). 





 Do NOT be alarmed! Our child is NOT taking shots... Well, he is, but it's just lemonade :) He loved the LED shot glass & made sure we brought that home as a souvenir!



 
This child is a HAM!

After awhile, he asked Daddy to take him up to bed. They all went upstairs to the room and I sat out on deck and watched the dancing and fun until I was just too tired as well. Couldn't forget about our nightly towel animal though. Dan said Stryker had to make sure it was in plain view so I could get a picture of it :)





No comments:

Post a Comment