Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Not-So-Busy Weekend

Every once & awhile, there comes along a couple of days where we actually get to relax, hang out around the house, and not be rushed around. THIS was one of those weekends! Friday night Dan & I started the weekend with a Double Date with Lindsey & Ryan. We went to dinner & a comedy show at a restaurant in Summerville. Stryker stayed with Grandma while we were out. It was an early night since The Grant's had an early wake up call planned for Saturday. Daddy & Stryker let me sleep in (8 am!) Saturday morning and we were up and at the housework fairly early. I planned to tackle the laundry and get a start on cruise packing. As I folded & packed clothes in Stryker's room, he played with his new MatchBox wall track that Grandma bought him. The thing is pretty cool! 



He then lined up all his red cars and trucks in "A BIG HUGE LINE!"




By 9:30, Daddy was busy doing touch ups on the house projects and Buggy and I were hitting WalMart for cruise stuff. After our two hour shopping trip and unloading what we got, we talked Daddy into taking us to Chick Fil A for some lunch.


Back at the house after lunch, it was time to tackle some of my laundry and packing before heading to a friend's baby shower. This little guy kept me entertained though! He has quite an imagination. First, my empty suitcase was a car. He loaded up all his stuff (blankie, Clemson football helmet, book bag) and told me he was off to football camp. We'll go get 'em boy!

Next, he grabbed a throw pillow off my bed and decided to rest in his "car". (It didn't last long though!) He was a great helper to me and was able to entertain himself while I finished up.

That evening, we had another quiet night at home...just the three of us. We cuddled on the couch and watched The Goonies with Stryker for the first time. CLASSIC! He was thrilled about the pirate ship and even Sloth (surprisingly!). We let him stay up wayyyy past his bedtime (11 pm!?!?!?) to finish the movie.

Of course he was up by 7:30 Sunday morning (why is that, btw?) and was ready for some breakfast. We let Daddy sleep in and I made him some French Toast complete with powder sugar and banana slices on the side (his request). While I cleaned the kitchen, he got busy on a project for Uncle Bubba. I recently bought him some safety scissors, so I showed him how to cut and color a card for us to send overseas. He was beyond happy to complete this project!


He was pretty good with the scissors too. It's gonna take some practice, but soon he'll be cutting away (let's just hope it's only paper!). I can't wait until after vacation when we can make more card projects for Uncle Bubba!



SunDAY consisted of a quick trip to the doctor for Grandma, lunch at Ruby Tuesday's, shopping with Grandma and finally back home. It was 3:10 and Stryker was getting crazy... Time for a nap. I set him up with a movie in the guest room and knew he'd be out shortly... WRONG. He watched that whole movie and came got me afterwards. We watched a few minutes of TV cuddled together and the next thing I know, he's passed out on my lap. At 5 pm. I try to avoid late naps as to avoid long nights, but how cute is that Bugs!


Too bad for him, I only let him nap for about an hour. I got him up and we headed out back to cut the grass and clean up the backyard. He was another great helper. We ended the night with some Big Brother 14 as a family. I'm thankful for two days of "house time". It never seems like we stand still lately, so this weekend was a success!


No comments:

Post a Comment